Thursday, June 07, 2012

So FaR… So NeAr…




We put our feet up resting on our knees. She measured her size with mine and we both chuckled.
She said, “I wish my legs were as slender as yours”.
 I watched our soles rub time and again like a pair of flowers in some lazy wind. The trees along the road below swayed and rustled in the wind while some motors drooled away in oblivion. My eyes followed her attractive slant toes that were up to some mischief now. We both chuckled. I looked at her striking pair of legs that were curvy and healthy to my taste. She took my hand that was resting on my stomach and abandoned it like a child looking for the right toy. She turned around to get my other hand that was lying beside her. She pulled it in front of her and spread my fingers like a palmist. Her hair smelled fresh and good. She snuggled up my shoulder to rest her head comfortably.
She asked,”Am I hurting you?”
I smiled. “No dear”
“You see you are going to have three kids”
“Just three?  I want at least five…”
“Poor woman! Look I am going to have just one!”
She made a fist and showed a single line on the side of her palm. I didn’t know what to say to that…I mean we both knew it was stupid. I could feel her getting a bit edgy. Sometimes a casual question can make you awkward and uncomfortable even if it insults your intelligence!
The wind cooed outside jostling the trees on that sunny afternoon. The curtain fanned us until the wind was gone. Watching light and shadow play over our body was surreal. She looked at me and our eyes met. Her eyes seemed to say look how far we have come?
“I think I am hurting you. Remove your hand”
“No you are not”
“You rest on mine now” and I let her.
I looked into her eyes and remembered someone talking about how eyes can seem to be like an ocean. I think I was sinking into her eyes when…
“What are you looking at?”
“Your eyes are captivating”
“Oh! Really?” and she closed her eyes and inched towards me to wet our lips.
I was standing and staring up the house today. It was drizzly. The curtains had changed but the house stood. I stubbed my cigarette and walked along the pavement. I think I felt something more than words can say.

2 comments:

Guttergabs said...

Well versed....i love da way u play wid words...u create visual images so beautifully...

Unknown said...

Inspired!!!!