Monday, June 10, 2013

In PuRsUiT oF a LaNgUiD aFtErNoOn…



Life can be lonely sometimes.
Sometimes when I long for togetherness,
But that’s only brief;
As my work demand attention.
And while I work to smooth things out,
These longings come again and again!
When I read Fermina Daza.
When I watch her in the movie.
Or pass by a beauty with attractive eyes,
Or get whiffed by the aroma of a woman,
Or chance upon refulgent feet!
I wry think over those post-coital afternoons.

Beside the window, overlooking
Trees, flying crows and dotted lives
Far across the dumb mountain.
The thought of smoking a cigarette
Beside a shapely body;
And the lingering raw fragrance
That burst occasionally from the sheets.
The thought of this woman resting
Her head on my arm,
Her abandon leg above mine,
Her soft hands releasing her clasp
Over mine; with each fall of sleep!

I stub my cigarette
And pick a book to read,
While she snores gracefully.
Softly with a slight part mouth!
I caress the bow of her upturned lip.
More careful not to wake her up!
Her sleep-face unwrap innocence,
I kiss them lightly on her forehead.
Her strayed locks quiver with each
Passing breath…
A waterhole of fresh breath!
I rejoice.

Human activities along with the birds outside
Provide a dull hum.
I feel the epicenter somewhere between
Our distinct heart beats and her graceful snores.
They make some gentle notes; Along with
the dull humming of the afternoon outside!
I read a few lines.
The cigarette plays its charm on my head!
I drop the book dead on the floor
And surrender my eyes to sleep.
Perhaps I will add another note
When I am fast asleep!

No comments: