Sunday, November 12, 2017

HoMe...




It has been raining incessantly here, so there's nothing much else to do outside. I like the way the rain patters outside. To look outside and try to grasp the very reason for the creation of so many delicate, fragile and helpless beings in this hostile world. It's inspiring to stare at those delicate petals, plants, tender stems and wild leaves receiving the heavy rain and profound wind so gracefully! I could almost cry watching this beautiful yet  inconsiderate enigmatic life on earth. So ruthless and unbending in its law and yet so potent in providing devine endurance! The rhythmic drumming of incessant raindrops on the tin roof is something that I have always missed miserably whenever I have been away from home. And every time upon my long return from those faraway places, our house and surroundings  have always remained so placid and unchanged. The same silent weather, the same moss laden rocks and tree branches, the same misty weather, the same cry of the crickets and birds, the same moist smell of the freshly mowed weeds and the same haze of fire-smoke hanging lazily at several points in the village below. The best heartening welcome you can ever get when you are tired about everything else in life! There was a time when I used to feel bad seeing my mom and dad getting older on my each subsequent visit. Somehow now I have come to terms with it as I see them getting older gracefully. With my station changed, I now feel mighty lucky in having to spend quality time with them, and the cats and the kittens too. It's a lovely feeling when my adorable tail wagger hops behind me during my walks. It also feels great to greet hello to my old neighbor far across the garden. Sometimes, I gaze at my grandfather lying far below in the nestling hills and I start to think about my childhood memories. Life is beautiful! 

No comments: